The mystery question of the day is..... drum roll....
Where was the old one-room school house that was called the Green school? All we know is that it opened in 1870 and closed in 1945 when it consolidated with Towanda school.
In 1885 there were 4 schools shown on the Towanda Township plat (Towanda, Midian, Elm Creek and Silverton).
By 1905 there were 7 listed on the plat of the township. Of the 3 newer schools, the one in section 31 (about 4 miles south and 2 miles west of Towanda) we think was Pleasant Ridge, and it consolidated later with Silverton school. The one in section 19 (2 mi. S and 2 mi. W of Towanda), we don't know the name of, and it probably also consolidated with Silverton school. That leaves the one in section 7 (a little north and about 2 miles west of Towanda), and the biggest clue we have is that Wm A Green owned land in that section.
Any ideas if this is the school called Green?